We recently posted about the importance of getting a Mississauga personal injury lawyer to deal with your insurance company when you’re injured in an accident, even when you’re at-fault. This week we will go a bit deeper into the specifics of what benefits your Toronto personal injury lawyer from OB Law may be able to secure for you.
Benefits for Both At-Fault and No-Fault Accidents
If you’re injured in an auto collision, regardless of whether or not you are found at-fault, you may be entitled to the following:
- Medical Expenses – If you require any of the many procedures, prescriptions, and ongoing therapies(such as chiropractic treatment and physical rehabilitation)that fall outside of OHIP coverage, your insurance will likely cover it (possibly after a deductible).
- Caregiver and Attendant Care – If your injuries are extensive enough to require in-home assistance, insurance can cover the expenses of hiring either a temporarily or ongoing attendant. This also applies if you are the primary caregiver for a dependant, and your injuries require you to hire a third party to help you take care of them.
- Visitors’ Expenses – Many do not realize that the injured party isn’t the only one whose expenses can be covered by insurance. Expenses incurred by visitors, such as mileage, meals, parking, hotel accommodation, air fare, child care costs, and car rentals can be claimed by immediate family (grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, children, and grandchildren).
- Home Maintenance – If your injuries prevent you from doing any routine home maintenance, your insurance could cover a number of upkeep expenses, such as housekeeping.
- Lost Educational Expenses – If your injuries cause you to delay or withdraw from college or university, your insurance can compensate you from lost tuition.
- Damage to Personal Property – Any personal effects that are damaged or destroyed in the accident are usually also covered, including phones, glasses, clothing, laptops, and other devices.
Get the Compensation You Deserve with our Mississauga Personal Injury Lawyers
As your personal injury lawyers, our job is to see that you fully receive every compensation to which you are entitled, regardless of fault. We will help you to fill out the requisite paperwork, and provide you with advice regarding which expenses can be claimed.
To book an appointment with a Toronto personal injury lawyer, give us a call or book an appointment. If you have any questions about personal injury law, or any other type of law, please feel free to submit a question through our Ask A Lawyer.